Monday, January 17, 2011

What we bought...

Okay, here's what we bought yesterday:
fudge sundae cones
moo tubes (kid yogurt in a tube)
powdered sugar
bananas
milk
potato chips :(
american cheese
lettuce
fruit loops cereal (for a "project"--stringing on yarn for a necklace)
ketchup
chocolate pudding cups
onions

Total was $18.86 before tax.  If I had stuck to just the necessities, I would not have bought the sundae cones, moo tubes, potato chips, cereal, and chocolate pudding, which would have madfe my pre-tax total $11.01.  But, you know, sometimes you just need a sundae cone.  Oh, yes, you better believe that I hid those in the downstairs freezer!  HAHAHA!  So, basically, I wouldn't have bought the junk food.  Hmmm, maybe I need to pare down the junk food...okay, new resolution:  next week--no junk food.  Okay, now I feel better.  :)

Speaking of next week, I've been thinking about having a "theme" for each day to help with coming up with recipes, because even though there's a plethora of recipes and meal ideas out there, sometimes its hard to organize all that stuff into something usable.  For me, I think it would be really helpful if I had six different types of recipes that I try to cover each week.  Here's what I've come up with so far:
Comfort Food/Tried and True Recipes
Soup, Salad, or Sandwich
Ethnic Night--Italian, Mexican, or Chinese
Pizza

Hmmm, will do some more thinking, I guess!

Well, off to plan another menu/shopping trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment