Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Aldi Experiment...er...the Aldi Adventure!

2011 is here and with that comes an idea I've been contemplating for awhile.  Over the past couple of years, I have really enjoyed reading blogs.  The ones I enjoy the most are crafting and cooking blogs, but lately, guess what?  My family has been "getting into this 'blogging thing'" (as they refer to it).  My mom has two blogs (more on that later), my sister has contributed to her work blog (again, more info to come on that), and our real estate company has a blog.  So I thought maybe I could give it a try, too.  But what to blog about....now, that has been a mystery to me.  I love sharing info about myself and my family.  Between the family, the kids, the dog, the business, etc, etc, I'm sure I would have plenty to "blog" about.  However, that's kind of random, and although I think (emphasis here on "I THINK") my kids are the most adorable things in the world, and perhaps there are a few other people out there that think so, too, I am well-aware of the fact that NOT everyone thinks so.  So...again, what to blog about?

Hmmm...well, I love crafting, and pretty much any type of it, although I'm not very good at decorative painting and I have convinced myself that I cannot crochet, which I know is not true, but I digress.  My main problem with crafting is that I don't have a lot of time to do it.  And personally, to me, there's nothing worse than a great but sporadic blog, wouldn't you agree?  So what do I have to do, no matter how much time there is????  EAT!  Yep, we have to eat, don't we?  And I do like to cook, and I am interested in budget cooking, hmmm, or "cent"sible cooking you might say!  Okay!  We have an idea!!  A cooking blog!  But, what will my "hook" be?  What's my "shtick"?  (Did I spell that right?  You know what I'm trying to say.  Don't you?)  How about those blogs where people do something for a year?  Like "Julie and Julia", the gal that cooked her way through Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking in a year, or the blog I've been following this year, New Dress a Day, for example.  Well, I think that's a good idea.  How cool is it to do something for a year!  (Like read through the Bible, right Dad??)

Sooo, that leads me to MY idea.  Well, it's probably not only my idea, but I don't know of anyone else personally who has done this.  Okay, here it is:  Only shop from Aldi, the most awesome grocery store on the planet.  For a year.  With a budget, menu plan, and a few rules, of course.  What do you think?  Now, I'm sure you're asking, "Why Aldi?"  Well, because, as I said, it's the most awesome grocery store on the planet!  Now you know my opinion, but oddly enough, many people underestimate this humble store.  And I love educating people about it's greatness!  I am convinced that you can prepare tasty, nutritious, and affordable meals from Aldi.  Even they say that you should be able to do 90% of your shopping there.  I think it can be done.  I'm sure it can.  So, here it goes, "The Aldi Adventure"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment