Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Menu Plan for the week of 1/17/11 to 1/23/11

Here's the menu plan for this week, a day late...:(  Trip #3 Post to follow shortly!

Wow!  It's been a busy week with lots to think about and do, aside from Aldi--can you believe it?  The snow provided a lot of entertainment, plus I've been working on things with our real estate company, Kansas City Real Estate, getting ready for spring!

On to the menu plan, I guess.  I'm still thinking about my "theme nights" and should have been writing them down as I thought of them, because I know I've thought of more than just four.  Oh, well.  

Breakfasts:  I am determined this week to eat up all the odds and ends we have hanging around for breakfast, a few pop tarts, some packages of oatmeal, a lonely pancake or muffin in the freezer, the ends of a couple of boxes of cereal, you get the idea.  However, John likes to make breakfast bagel sandwiches in the morning, so I may get some bagels or even bake some bagels if I find a good recipe.

Lunches:  Fish Sticks and Mac and Cheese, Hot Dogs, Soup, Sandwiches, Pizza Quesadilas, Leftovers

Supper:  Last week, we had an unexpected visit from a missionary/family friend, so we went out to eat that night and I made biscuits and gravy for supper instead of breakfast, so we did not have the Veggie Cheese Soup or the Lettuce Wrap Salad.  The soup will be on this week's menu, and I'm planning on changing up the salad just a little bit but it will make an appearance, too.

Mon, 1/17:  Soup Night:  Veggie Cheese Soup, Cheese Garlic Biscuits
Tues, 1/18:  Salad Night:  Our Asian Chicken Salad:  chopped lettuce, shredded cabbage, mandarin oranges, ramen noodles (uncooked), glazed almonds (cooked in a skillet with a little bit of veg. oil and sugar, just till the sugar melts), cooked chicken or chopped chicken tenders, and Asian Dressing (I'm going to try this dressing recipe--it's a new one for us.  We've tried this one, too, and like it).
Wed, 1/19:  Ethnic Night:  Baked Spaghetti Casserole, Green Beans, Bread and Butter
Thurs, 1/20:  Pizza Night:  Taco Pizza (I'll make my own crust)
Fri, 1/21:  Leftovers
Sat, 1/22:  Comfort Food/Tried and True:  Pork Roast in Crock Pot, potatoes, carrots, pork gravy, Garlic Herb Bread
Sun, 1/23:  White Chicken Chili, cornbread or saltines




1 comment:

  1. You are so organized! A week's menu all planned out. I've tried for nearly 35 years to do that.

    ReplyDelete